Sites not loading or going slow

I have 2 sites hosted here on dreamhost.

http://www.brandonobrien.com
http://www.clearcheckbook.com

The sites have been timing out on my a lot recently and when they’re not timing out, they’re moving extremely slow. Sometimes it takes up to a few seconds to load a page with no graphics and just text.

Is there anything that’s going on that would be causing my sites to be down?

As I’m typing this, neither are working at the moment.

Any help would be great.

Sounds like there may be a problem with your sever, you should contact support.

–Matttail
art.googlies.net - personal website

That’s generally a slowdown due to the processing demands of PHP. I’d bet that if you had a pure HTML file, it’d load in an instant.

Right now, your sites are loading at about a typical speed (a few seconds), though sometimes due to server load, it takes longer. If you can SSH or Telnet into your account, you can use the ‘top’ command to watch the load average.

-Scott

From my location in Philly (with a 7Mb/sec broadband connection), your sites are loading very quickly indeed. Annoyingly, they are loading more quickly than my own sites!

Simon Jessey | Keystone Websites
Save $97 on yearly plans with promo code [color=#CC0000]SCJESSEY97[/color]

no, that’s not it. I can’t even load directories with just files in them.

The messed up part is this:

I can ping my sites just fine, but for the life of me they will not load.

I can’t deal with this anymore, I’m going to purchase a lunarpages.com host for my sites. I’ve had a site hosted there for 2 years now and have not had a single issue.

Both of your sites load very fast for me, on a 1.5Mbit DSL connection in Australia.

Are you sure your speed problems are not caused by some issue local to you, or perhaps something along the route from your ISP to DreamHost?

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost hosting using promo code [color=#CC0000]SAVEMONEY[/color] ( Click for promo code details )

I too am experincing tons of time outs :confused: