Sites down, web panel down too

How am I supposed to let dreamhost know my sites are down if the web panel is also down?

Is there a way?

Jalpuna! - personal blog
twenty200 - photo blog
robsdemo - what I do

If everything goes down, DreamHost usually spots the problem very quickly and rectifies it. The panel was down for me just now, and now it is very slow. The same with my websites, so obviously there is a system-wide problem. Keep an eye of the status blog.

si-blog
Max discount on any plan with promocode SCJESSEYTOTAL

If all else fails, you can contact support through the general contact form:
http://www.dreamhost.com/contact.cgi

Free unique IP and $67 off with code [color=#CC0000]LMIP67[/color] or use [color=#CC0000]LM97[/color] for $97 off. Click for more promo code discounts

I’ve been keeping an eye on the status blog. It says “Last Chance to Donate.”

…great.

Jalpuna! - personal blog
twenty200 - photo blog
robsdemo - what I do

That contact form only offers “General Sales” and “I lost my password”.

This brings me back to my initial question. How do I contact dreamhost to let them know my sites are down when their web panel is also down?

Jalpuna! - personal blog
twenty200 - photo blog
robsdemo - what I do

Their web panel is never down for more than a few minutes at any given time. It is working at the moment (I just used it myself).

si-blog

:slight_smile: Same experience. I wanted to show off my stuff around or before 2pm today PST and the host was totally not available.

It seemed like dreamhost.com/status.html, panel.dreamhost.com, and my sites (on morpheus) were down. The static dreamhost.com front page was up.

I know that some other servers were running fine.

Dreamhoststatus.com is not up to date at the moment.

UPDATE: dreamhoststatus.com is up to date, now with some status info.

[quote]That contact form only offers “General Sales” and “I lost my password”.

This brings me back to my initial question. How do I contact dreamhost to let them know my sites are down when their web panel is also down?[/quote]
This brings me back to my original answer. Submit a request using that contact form. Either pick a category that most closely corresponds to your support question or leave it at the default, “General Sales Inquiry”. I’ve never tried to set it to “—” but that’s an option too). There could be an argument for “Public Relations” but I’ve avoided that one in the past because I figured it was mostly likely to be directed to a non-technical person. :slight_smile:

I’ve only used this when the panel is down but it has yielded results for me.

Free unique IP and $67 off with code [color=#CC0000]LMIP67[/color] or use [color=#CC0000]LM97[/color] for $97 off. Click for more promo code discounts

[quote]Jalpuna! - personal blog
twenty200 - photo blog
robsdemo - what I do[/quote]
They are all working fine now.

si-blog