Sites are slow again

Second week in a row this is happening. I am sure it is due to MySQL again since all the regular HTML sites are working fine. This is so frustrating!

Hello,

I apologize for the slowness you’ve been experiencing with your sites.
I see you have already submitted a ticket. I’ll keep an eye on it, and make sure you get a response asap.
Sit tight! We’re here to help. Thank you for your patience.

Regards,
Justin H

The Database Server is down again! I don’t know what is going on but this is getting out of hand.

Yep, we’ve lost out site again too. DB connection error. It feels like this is happening daily. Come on DH, get a grip and sort out your flaky systems.

I was supposed to launch a new site this coming up Sunday but I am very hesitant now, since there have been so many problems in the past two weeks. I may have to wait for at least a week to make sure all good, otherwise I may have to move to a new hosting company. I can’t have my sites down so many times.

I’m in the same boat and signed up with a different hosting company last week but now I’m considering getting a refund because they take even longer than Dreamhost to respond to support requests and the thought of moving all my domains and WP databases + site with a unique IP + SSL certificate is making my head explode. Dreamhost used to respond to support tickets in 24 hours or less, now its like 3-4 days and the issues are not resolved, such a bummer.

Hello everyone.

I apologize for the recent downtime you have experienced.
We had a DNS issue that caused many sites to go down.
It has since been resolved. Our DreamHost Status page posted an update on it. You can find that here:

http://www.dreamhoststatus.com/2013/02/14/dns-server-problems-2/

Let me know if you guys have any questions!
Again, I sincerely apologize for the recent issues.

Thanks!
Justin H
DreamHost Staff