Site that allows visitors to upload images?

apps

Hello All,

I’ve been trying a few plugins out in Wordpress that would allow the site visitor to:

upload an image (and maybe enter text related to the image)
use a function like “ShareThis” to post this image to Social Media Sites such as Facebook.

I’ve tried the following plugins:
PhotoSmash
WP Vault
Post Attached Image

But they either only allowed a registered user to upload photos, or not at all/didnt install correctly/didnt work with WP 2.7

My question is - does anyone know of a solution to allow me to do what I describe? All I want to do is allow a site visitor to upload an image, and use a function like ShareThis to post it to a social media site. The solution does not have to be wordpress based.

Should I just do PHP image form upload?
http://www.reconn.us/content/view/30/51/

Look at Drupal?

Thanks in advance,
roml

I’d try Gallery (another One-Click) plus the WPG2 plugin. Gallery offers Permalinks, which would be an easy link to copy and post elsewhere. I don’t know how and if other software would automatically post content to Facebook.

-Scott

Thanks Scott.

If I understand your post, each of those is a standalone suggestion.

I will check both of them out.

roml

If you already have WordPress installed as example.com, you can then install Gallery2 inside example.com/gallery2. Then you can go to your WordPress admin page and do a plugin search for WPG2 and install it. This will let you embed Gallery into a WordPress page. With proper configuration, your gallery will show up as example.com/gallery. “gallery” can be the name of your WordPress page, instead of the default name of example.com/wpg2.

-Scott

Got it.

Will give that a shot and see how it works!

Cheers,
roml