Site not appearing yet

Im a new member to DH, I ordered a hosting plan early monday along with a domain. I know it takes a day or 2 for the domain to propagate but it’s still not up yet and it seems unusually long compared to other sites ive had. I can access the webbased FTP I was provided just fine, and I have an index.html file uploaded to the correct folder.

Is this normal or do I need to check something?

The domain is www.genesisextreme.com
And im on the silk server if that makes any difference.

Thanks for your help :slight_smile:

Works for me. There’s some tricks to play, but it will probably work for you soon, if your isp and computer update dns now and then.

• Home
  • About Me
  • Portfolio
  • Resources
  • Projects
  • Forums
  • Contact

NEWS & UPDATES
August.14.2006 - News Item Goes Here

This is a little blurb from the news or update posted above. This is a little blurb from the news or update posted above. This is a little blurb from the news or update posted above … Continue

Cut the code, [color=#CC0000]it’s their birthday:[/color] [color=#00CC00]9999 => $99.99 Off[/color]

I can see it, it has Your Portfolio in a pic of clouds.

it may just be that it is still propogating…give it time

Oh ok, didnt know if it was just me or not.

Thanks for the quick response :slight_smile:

try deleting your cache, most times that will fix it if you know it is up, but just not showing up on your computer

otherwise its the domain name propogating thruout all nameservers onlin (think of it like the news, it eventually gets shown everywhere, but sometimes the dallas morning news is a day behind the new yorker in terms of getting it) <prolly not accurate nowadays, but still… >

I had tried previously to view the site while the domain was still propagating by adding it and the nameserver to my system32 hosts file, once I took that back out the site worked fine.