Site loading blank page

wordpress

Hey guys.

So I have my site set up, hosting with Dreamhost and randomly the site either just loads a blank page or gives me a “Error 324 (net::ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE)”. Sometimes the page just stays in a endless loading loop.

This happens with all browsers. I have cleared my browser’s cache, tried on different computers etc, but the issue prevails.

I am using wordpress (Version 3.7.1) for both sites. My site url’s:

www.steveglover.com

Steps to reproduce:

1. Load the steveglover.com site.
  2. Keep clicking links or refreshing the page.
  3. See that randomly, the issues I outlined above will happen.

Does anyone have a fix for this?
PS: I’m a developer (not web but software) so don’t feel the need to dumb down advice for me :slight_smile:

I appreciate anyones assistance.
Cheers

Hi Danny,

Thank you for contacting us for support. I looked into your sites and sent you an email with details and suggestions. You can view it here http://bit.ly/SkWlfB If you have any questions or justneed more support please repky back to that email.

Thanks!
Matt C

Did you get this resolved, and if so, can I ask what you did? I’m having the same issue and have been going back and forth with support but it’s still occurring. Thanks in advance.

Hi David,

I took a look through your support history and there was a lot going on there…

I went ahead and applied the same ‘fix’ we tried on Danny’s site. For what it’s worth, I was not able to reproduce the error (I clicked around and got no errors). I’ll drop you an email via your ticket to explain more :slight_smile:

Thanks. It appears you solved the problem.

I’d reverted to stock themes, disabled every plugin, spun up a new database and Wordpress instance, etc. Nothing seemed to fix it, and I could load Wordpress and the same content on another domain with no problems at all.

In a nutshell, if I clicked on each of the pages on my web site, at least one or two wouldn’t load and I was starting to get failures from Google Webmaster Tools, which would eventually cause my SEO performance to suffer.

It certainly appears as though you fixed it – I’ve tried several browsers on several machines. Thanks so much for your help!

I’ve got the same problem with two of my domains:

fsgpq.org

Can you help?

Thank you! :slight_smile:

It seems there was a weird issue with the Apache services your sites are hosted on.

Usually Apache issues cause a site to load slowly. In your case, your sites immediately produced a “No Data Received” error in Chrome for me. The Apache services for both of your sites appeared to be running fine, but got stuck when I tried restarting them to see if that would resolve the issue. I was able to kill off all processes on both Apaches, and restarted them, and now your sites are loading. :slight_smile:

I’m not totally sure why that happened, might have just been a weird glitch with those Apaches. I’ll do some digging in the Apache logs and let you know if I find anything that explains what happened.

Thanks a lot!

Hi, exactly the same issue for my domain ajscherer.com (although my other domain scheza.com working fine) - any advice??

Thanks!

Looks like there was an issue with your Apache instance as well. I had our server admins poke at it, and it’s working well now. Your site’s loading now as well :slight_smile:

Amazing, thanks very much for the quick response and solution! :slight_smile:

That was a quick one. Nice job here support.

Hello,

My site started loading a blank page last night. I haven’t changed anything in months and it was working fine before that. I have verified all the site files are intact and normal. Can you look into if the Apache service needs restarted? I opened a help ticket, but they responded with “check my site with the developer” which is me and I haven’t heard back from them when I told them it isn’t my site.

thanks!

Adam