Site down, Web Panel hangs

My sites are down, FTP unresponsive, and the Web Panel hangs at the end of “Step One” with

" Please wait while we check the status of your services and fetch test results for your account." …and the little ring of dots below that circling the drain.

In other words, I’m down and cannot contact tech support via the Web panel.

The Web Panel “Account Tests” is also non-functional - tests have been “scheduled” for over a half hour with zero results.

I’m on my way now to try to find some other way to contact DH Tech Support without having to fly to California…

Same problem here! Seems really stupid that I can’t contact support about my site being down when their tests freeze up and can’t figure out “hmm, its not responding to my test, maybe that means the site is DOWN!!”. I’m starting to get sick of this crap from DH and may start looking for another host for my 8 sites.

Same here, although my websites are still up. The web panel is totally down, though. I can’t get through to it at all. There’s a major problem, here, when you can’t communicate that there’s a problem since all support pages tell you to contact DreamHost through the panel…

My site is up but web panel is down

My sites up, but panel not working half the time. Support wont work when panel does. WTF DH? I gave you the benefit of the doubt after the billing debacle but consistent service issues? Not cool.

I am having the same issues:

no web panel, slow/no ftp

Same here.

My site works but it’s taking up to 5 1/2 minutes to load a page that typically takes no more than 2 seconds at most. It appears to be mysql-related. I’ve got simple queries taking upwards of 8 seconds each.

Also can’t get into the panel. I’ve experienced sporadic slowness in the few weeks that I’ve actively been using DH, but nothing like this.

• c_bot

I just got support to work. Directed them to this thread for reference. Hopefully panel starts working everytime as it should.

Are these independent of or related to the scheduled Randy cluster move? It’s also a bit unclear to me from the post whether there are currently known issues in the Spunky cluster as well…

What are [color=#CC0000]50DISK50[/color], [color=#CC0000]3DOM50[/color], and [color=#CC0000]1IP1DOM50[/color]?
They’re Dreamhost coupons!

as far as I know i’m not on either, sooo…

Ack another issue. Do NOT tell them to “notify you of updates” to the issue. They have sent me about 20 messages every MINUTE now for the last hour. They are killing my poor Gmail account lol. There seems to be no way to get them to stop spamming me either!

20 messages a minute?

Sounds like you’ve signed up to an RS Feed and are receiving updated blog whining rather than the informative DH messages.
How did you signup for these ‘updates’?

Day two, my site’s still unusably slow. Sent a message to support yesterday afternoon and have heard nothing back.

sigh Frustrating, to say the least…

What’s the URL?

I’m having trouble with my sites too. Yesterday I wasn’t able to login in via ftp, and now emails going through my database are taking forever to come through like 5+ hours. I contacted support 20 hours ago, with still no reply. I’ve never had them not contact me within 5 hours. What’s going on? At least they could say we’re looking into it.

I don’t recall DH support ever replying before they’ve made an initial determination about what’s wrong.

What are [color=#CC0000]50DISK50[/color], [color=#CC0000]3DOM50[/color], and [color=#CC0000]1IP1DOM50[/color]?

Scott, my website’s not ready for public usage yet so I’d rather not give the URL. At this point the home page takes anywhere from 6 seconds to 10 minutes to load.

I’ve got some profiling going on in the PHP so I know that the slowness is happening on the server rather than between the server and me.

Running the diagnostic tests on my account say that my web server has been under high load on a regular basis. The load average on the server is varying between 9 and 15 or so. Since my site has almost no traffic, I don’t think it’s me.

Still waiting to hear anything back from DH. Not a peep so far… This first experience with needing their support is not making a very good impression on me.

My guess is that they’re trying to track down the baddie who’s eating up all the CPU on your server.

Well here’s the answer to my mail problem
"Critical Announcement! Please Read!
If your mail is being sent through your webserver (php mail, sendmail, site notifications, Miva and other shopping cart emails, signup forms, cron notices, etc), then you have probably already noticed some significant delay.

The machine that handles web server mail is extremely backed up, but mail is going through now, slowly. It will take a while to catch up, at least a day.

We’re very sorry about the inconvenience this has caused. We’ll update this notice as the catch up progresses. (posted 2 hours 57 mins ago) "

Did finally hear back from DH about 3 hours ago. Seems like the load on the MySQL server I’m on has been high, but about all I’m getting is “Oh, it looks better now.” So I guess I get to deal with page load times that fluxuate between 2 seconds and 10 minutes.

They did try to sell me a private MySQL server, though unfortunately that option won’t exist for “a couple months or so.”