Simple Question How do I login to the dreamcompute dashboard

dreamcompute

What is a Tenent ID ?

So I have a userID and an Tenent ID.

So where do I get the dashboard password for the user ID they gave me ?,

A tenant ID is a value in a long unique identifier for your tenant in DreamCompute. You normally won’t need to use it directly except perhaps for using the API command line.

The user ID is more important for most customers, as this is the username they use to login to https://dashboard.dreamcompute.com .

If you have forgotten or didn’t receive your password, please submit a ticket via your DreamHost control panel and we can get that reset for you. We cannot do the reset here for security reasons, and want to verify you are the owner via the ticket.

If you have further questions please let me know!

A Tenant ID is analogous to an account number, though it is randomly generated and not related to your DreamHost account number. Most command line tools that communicate via the APIs will need your Tenant ID. You don’t need that to log into the dashboard though.

For your password, you should have set that when you either signed up or enabled DreamCompute in the control panel. If you don’t remember your password, create a support ticket and the team will reset it for you. A self-service password reset is still in the works.

You need to provide the most basic of information to prevent people wasting there time.

Example what do I have to do to in 4 simple steps log into my newly created instance.
You could have just sent me an email after I created an instance saying

The userID is ???
The IP address of the instance is ??

Or … to login you have to … ???

I associated the floating IPs with the instance
but can’t ping it ?

I spent 30 minutes searching the forms just to find that the default user ID is dhc-user ??

Do I have to change to router config some how ?
What is the IP address of the router ?

I’d recommend following our getting started guide in the DreamCompute wiki. It will walk you through launching an instance with standard settings, associating a public IP address, and logging in via SSH.

The default security group (which is essentially firewall rules for instance) allow traffic for SSH, HTTP/S, and ICMP (ping). You don’t need to make any configuration changes to the router, these security group rules should be modified if you need additional ports to be accessible.

If you can’t ping the instance, then it’s likely that something went wrong. I’d suggest terminating it and creating a new one. If that still doesn’t work, then please contact our tech support team and they can investigate further.