Signing up

Ok I am not switching everything over until between the Xmas and the New year. Would I be wise to sign up now so that all will be ready when the time comes to move everything.

The reason why I ask is that I notice people have what is called pending approval’s threads.

Sorry if I sound like a noob. It’s just when it comes to hosting I am pretty well at a lost about how it all works.

I think the time for account approval varies quite a bit.

I signed with DreamHost a couple of weeks ago and the approval was almost immediate.

I referred a friend to DreamHost and he was not quite as lucky. For some reason, his application was flagged for manual approval and it took a couple of days for everything to happen.

If I were you, I would sign up now. If an approval delay does occur (unlikely but possible), you will still have time to sort things out before the planned move.

Mark

Get $50 DreamHost Discount using promo code “SAVEFIFTY (Click For Plan Comparison)

I second Mark’s recommendation – sign up now so you can be reasonably sure it’s ready when you need it.

Also, it will give you an opportunity to play around with the DH offerings before you actually need it, so that could count as valuable practise time for you as an administrator.

[color=#CC0000]Get $50 off[/color] with promo code “LESS”! See here what else you get!

Don’t forget there’s a 97 day money back guarantee, so there’s no risk.

What plan is best for you?Compare from this list and select the best plan

I signed up 6 years ago and had no approval or wait if the funds are paid there seems to be no problem.
Not sure what the approval threads are, maybe there is something new I should now about.

Thank You,

Samuel
Need a web host? Pick your plan!

I find it amusing that a thread titled “signing up” has drawn posts from 4 people, all of which have referal links in their signatures.

At least Torben’s been around a while, good to meet you other pimps.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahaha :stuck_out_tongue:

Did I mention I was amused?! :smiley:

[color=#0000CC]jason[/color]

I actually often post and then edit right afterwards to remove the signature when I feel that it would be too disruptive. Sometimes I don’t bother to re-edit though. Too bad there isn’t an option to turn off the sig while composing.

My point of view on the sigs: I have changed my sig to look like certain others in the attempt to achieve some sort of conformity. It’s an ongoing discussion whether to use these sigs at all, and as long as they are relatively unobtrusive and DH allows it, I’ll keep using the sig. Maybe it’s a “me-too” approach; why should I not sig when others still do? As an affiliate, that would only put me at a disadvantage, and we’re not talking virtual points but real money here.

Care to open another discussion about this? Please open a brand new thread and quote me in it, rather than abusing this current thread (as I have admittedly already done!).

[color=#CC0000]Get $50 off[/color] with promo code “LESS”! See here what else you get!