Sidebar/Widgets are gone!

wordpress

Hey everyone.

I recently updated all of my plugins on my site and after i did this i found that my side bar/widget area was gone. When i visited the widget area in the admin area i found this error.

Fatal error: Call to undefined function dynamic_sidebar() in /home/xxxxxx/blueravencomics.dreamhostERS.com/wp-admin/includes/widgets.php on line 80

So i did go to that area but i still have no idea how to fix this!!

Any help would be appreciated!

Just a quick guess… is this a wordpress question? or were you working with a different app?

Its a wordpress problem. If this is not the wordpress section sorry!

Sorry, your right… I don’t read by section and I forget to look at the breadcrumbs sometimes…

A Google Search for the error suggests it might be a hardcoded line in your theme that is calling the function.

I have googled pretty much everything. Tried a few things but still has not worked. Very frustrating. To make things a little more worse its very hard to figure out how to access the premium dreamhost stuff so i can do live chat. Not worth it almost.

Just realised I was wrong there. The error you received doesn’t seem to be suggesting a theme problem at all.

Are you using the plug-in called wp-testimonials that is alluded to in this thread?

I had a look at that but i doubt that will apply to me. I might as well try it though. Cheers.

[quote]I recently updated all of my plugins on my site and after i did this i found that my side bar/widget area was gone. When i visited the widget area in the admin area i found this error.

Fatal error: Call to undefined function dynamic_sidebar() in /home/xxxxxx/blueravencomics.dreamhostERS.com/wp-admin/includes/widgets.php on line 80[/quote]

Are you still hosting your site on dreamhosters? I see http://www.blueravencomics.com/ works, but so does blueravencomics.dreamhostERS.com, which makes me think you built on dreamhosters, and then moved, left the dreamhosters running (which is fine).

I still use dreamhost yes. With both sites…

Hey, I saw your ticket and replied.

The best thing to try is to reinstall core WP files on dreamhosters. Usually that error comes from a corrupted file.