Several Questions

Hello all :slight_smile: I’m new here, on this forums. I plan to buy DH, but before doing it I want to define more exactly some things…

Is it possible to create sub account from Control Panel and give all privileges to this sub account (including domain and FTP management to host several sites on his sub account). But note, it must be sub account. I (Main Account) must also have all privileges to hosting plan and sub account too. Possible?

Sincerely, Otto

You can do a lot with WebIDs, Users, groups and permissions. This tries to explain some of it:

http://wiki.dreamhost.com/index.php/Account_Layout

There’s a good chance you can do what you want, but it might not be easy to get it exactly how you want it.

They hired more support help.
Tip me (and DreamHost gets 5%+$0.30) Cut the code: [color=#00CC00]9999[/color]=$99.99 Off

I have read that article, thanks :slight_smile:

But couldn’t understand this:
“Domains - Domains reside inside of user accounts. This is important to note as this is the reason that only one user has access to 1 domain. So if you wanted to have Ted, Bill & Rufus to have access to 1 domain you could only give 1 of them access to it or create a User account and Provide all 3 of them with the login information.”

I can not host more than 1 domain on sub account?

[quote]I can not host more than 1 domain on sub account?

[/quote]

A “user” account can have multiple domains. I’m less sure about interactions with “web IDs”. You should be able to have a restricted Web ID and restricted user account, with more than 1 domain under it.

They hired more support help.
Tip me (and DreamHost gets 5%+$0.30) Cut the code: [color=#00CC00]9999[/color]=$99.99 Off

Thanks, thats all :slight_smile: