Settings permisions

In my home directory /home/my_user_name/ I have few dirs:
/home/my_user_name/backups
/home/my_user_name/domains

and in ‘domains’ I have subdirectories containings all of my sites:
/home/my_user_name/domains/domain1.com
/home/my_user_name/domains/domain2.com

How to create ftp user who can see and modify ONLY files and subdirectories in /home/my_user_name/domains/domain1.com and:

• can’t see directory ‘backups’
  • can’t see directory domain1.com

thank you,
Adam

[quote]How to create ftp user who can see and modify ONLY files and subdirectories in /home/my_user_name/domains/domain1.com and:

• can’t see directory ‘backups’
  • can’t see directory domain1.com[/quote]
    Sorry, but you can’t.

Each user gets their own home directory. FTP users are restricted to their own home directory. Since you said “FTP” this is why you cannot have a second user use FTP to access another users home directory.

Each domain is hosted from a subdirectory of a particular user. You can set the second domain in the home directory of the second user, and if you need to share management, share the credentials of the second user.

SFTP/shell users are not restricted to their home directory. If you are comfortable with it, you can attempt to share management between separate users with UNIX permissions.

:cool: openvein.org -//-

Thanks for your reply.

So… Maybe just copy that webfolder to home directory of the new created ftp user and of course modify domain settings to point new location?
Any other ideas? What is your favourite (tested) way to manage user’s permissions to webfolders? Separated user and/or group for each domain/webfolder?

Thanks for helping,
Adam

Copying the folder over will probably be quickest.

Maximum Cash Discount on any plan with MAXCASH

How To Install PHP.INI / ionCube on DreamHost