Setting up Spam Filters

I have followed various postings here and articles in the knowledgebase (in particular https://panel.dreamhost.com/kbase/index.cgi?area=2626).
Now I have SpamAssassin working on one of my email accounts (the one that corresponds to my shell user).
Is there a way to get it working on my other email accounts?

If you are referring to the “Junk mail” filter that is offered by Dreamhost (which is based on SpamAssassin), then you can only turn it on and off for the entire domain. So if you are using that, then it’s already turned on for all your other mail accounts on the same domain.

If you’re using a copy of SpamAssassin that you installed yourself, then I don’t know. But I would recommend to use the “junk mail” filter instead, because it works extremely well and is already installed for you.

TorbenGB
Try out DreamHost with a free WebIDPrices, options

I would use the junk filter if I could, but they will not allow it if you have a catch-all account.

Then I suggest you get rid of the catch-all and use a few forwarding-only addresses instead. That way you get to take advantage of the junk mail filter. It’s worth it.

TorbenGB
Try out DreamHost with a free WebIDPrices, options