Setting up Outlook

Hi. I’m hoping someone can help. I set up my email today through the dreamhost panel. I want to be able to pull the emails down with Outlook. I’ve followed the instructions I believe in the wiki, but I cannot get into the server. I know my username and password are correct as I can log in through the dreamhost webmail link. I get the following message.

Log onto incoming mail server (POP3): Your e-mail server rejected your login. Verify your user name and password for this account in Account Settings. The server responded: -ERR Authentication failed.

Thoughts? Any settings I need to check that could cause this?

Thanks.

are you using mail.yourdomain.com as the host?

did you specify the user as user@yourdomain.com
what are you using for ssl and ports?

I use outlook with dreamhost, so that’s not a problem. I’m not where I can look right now at the settings I’m using but will be able to check later on if you’re still having issues.

Hello,

I am having a similar issue as Raven, I think. My error message says the connection to the server failed. I have checked to make sure I am using the right host and user data. Is there anything else that I can try?

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

http://wiki.dreamhost.com/Outlook

What settings are you using?

I’m sorry I don’t know what you are asking. Settings for what?

The settings you’re using while setting up Outlook. User, server info, incoming/outgoing server, port number, etc.

I’d also recommend reaching out to our support team directly with your information so we can try to replicate the error and help you troubleshoot this: www.dhurl.org/dhsupport (or use the “Chat Live” link at the top of your panel). Thanks!