Setting up new Board with phpbb

apps

I’m fairly new to operating a forum and I couldn’t seem to find the information I need over at the phpbb forum.

Here’s the situation: I used the Dreamhost one-click install to install phpbb and set up a forum. The setup and configuration was quite easy and I’m pleased with the outcome.

Now, I would like to set up a completely separate board (not simply add topics to the existing board). I can’t seem to figure out how to do that. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Dave

[quote]
I’m fairly new to operating a forum and I couldn’t seem to find the information I need over at the phpbb forum.

Here’s the situation: I used the Dreamhost one-click install to install phpbb and set up a forum. The setup and configuration was quite easy and I’m pleased with the outcome.

Now, I would like to set up a completely separate board (not simply add topics to the existing board). I can’t seem to figure out how to do that. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Dave[/quote]
Well, what you should do is install another copy of phpBB in a different folder, and create a second database for it.

You can then provide links at your site, or within each board to point to the other.

Am I making any sense here?

Peace,
Gene Steinberg
Co-Host, The Paracast
http://www.theparacast.com

That makes perfect sense! Thanks!

I was afraid I was missing a shortcut

Thanks again!

Dave