Setting up email on iPhone 3g

I’ve been trying (with no success) to setup my Dreamhost e-mail accounts on my iPhone 3G. I have tried setting up several different e-mail addresses from 2 different domains (same e-mail server and hosting account), using the directions on the DH Wiki, but I keep getting the following errors. Has anyone else ran into this problem, and if so, how did you resolve it?

Here’s the scenario, and what happens:
-I enter my incoming and outgoing mail server information(as instructed to in the Wiki How-to) in my iPhone, and click save.
-A few moments later, a box pops up saying “Cannot Connect Using SSL. Do you want to try setting up the account without SSL? YES/NO” I click YES.
-Almost a minute later I get an error message saying “IMAP account verification failed. The IMAP server ‘mail.mydomainname.com’ is not responding. Check your network connection and that you entered the correct information in the ‘Incoming Mail Server’ field. [OK]”

I have re-entered the information several times, and even reset the information in the gmail settings to ensure I typed it correctly (also tried changing mail to regular mail instead of gmail and same results). Have tried on both 3G and Wi-Fi conncetions (several different Wi-Fi connections) so I know it’s not my connection.

Anyone have the same problem?

(Also tried as POP mail, with same result)

Thanks,
Andy

Yes, I get the same problem. How do we resolve this?