Setting up Cron for automated posts

wordpress

could anyone please help me with the cron setup, i tried to look at the cron topic in the wikipedia but didn’t understand anything…
how do you enter the commands, what programs do i need to run the commands, it tried some but still didn’t get it right…
& the host infos etc…

thanks for your precious help!

You’ll have to log into your server with SSH. (see wiki article for help) From there you can type crontab -e to edit your cron. add the appropiate line(s) then press ctrl o at the same time to save the file, then ctrl x to exit. You shoulod get a message that the cron file was sucessfully installed.

Does that clear things up, or do you need more specific instructions?

-Matttail

Here’s the Wiki link (which you probably already read):
http://wiki.dreamhost.com/index.php/Crontab

You’ll need to SSH or Telnet into your account, and then type ‘crontab -e’ to edit your cron file. Each line has 5 fields to tell the command when to run, followed by the command itself.

What it is that you need cron to do? I’m not sure what you mean by “automated posts.”

-Scott

THis has to be done in a non-user friendly way. I had a guy I know set mine up, becasue he knows what he’s doing. He charges for thsi service, if you’re interested email me and I can put you in touch with him.

bloghints@gmail.com

what do you mean by automated posts? if you mean using wordpress for example to post ahead of time automatically u dont need a cron job…

Use the coupon code [color=#CC0000]FIVEZEROOFF[/color] when signing up to Dreamhost for an instant [color=#CC0000]$50 off[/color]!