Setting mailbox name

I need specific names (inc. info@domain etc.) for compatibility with existing mailbox access software configuration.

But when I create a mailboxm I see now way of setting the name. DH creates an m####### name.

How do I get my choice of name? Thanks.

Mailboxes for users are given the same name as the user. So just add an FTP or shell user for each mailbox name you want, however usernames are shared amongst the other customers in your cluster, so you may encounter collisions with commonly used names.

:cool: Perl / MySQL / HTML+CSS

Do you actually need the username to be the same as the email address?

[quote]Mailboxes for users are given the same name as the user.

[/quote]

Ooo yes. How odd. I select ‘Type of User Account: FTP account - file transfer access only’ yet I get additionally a mailbox and an alias.

[quote]So just add an FTP or shell user for each mailbox name you
want, however usernames are shared

[/quote]

Thanks - I was lucky this time!

[quote]amongst the other customers in your cluster

[/quote]

Really? Not just amongst those on the same machine?

[quote]Do you actually need the username to be the same as the email address?

[/quote]

No.

(Is it just me, or does this forum offer Reply to individual topic messages, but then displays the reply as to the topic as a whole, not to the individual topic message?)

You do in fact reply to a specific message, and if you view the thread in “thread mode” then you’ll see that the reply is to that message. If you view the thread in “flat mode” then the replies are just listed in chronological order.

TorbenGB

[quote]if you view the thread in “thread mode” then you’ll see that
the reply is to that message

[/quote]

Got it thanks. I’ve set Prefs for Thread mode.

Now let’s see…