Setting Apache LogLevel

Is it possible to increase the LogLevel that a site hosted by Dreamhost is reporting? I’m on a shared host and obviously don’t have access to the server config. Is there another way to set the LogLevel, like through .htaccess or something similar?

Thanks.

Not directly. What sort of information are you looking for?

I’m getting a redirect loop due to a mod_rewrite rule and I don’t know why. I would like to set LogLevel to debug to track the redirect.

Might want to post what you have in your .htaccess file to see if someone can give you an answer :slight_smile:

I don’t have anything at all in my .htaccess file regarding logs. The RewriteRules I have are:

Options +FollowSymLinks RewriteEngine On RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d RewriteRule ^objects/(.*) /objects/index.php?oid=$1 [QSA,L] RewriteRule ^user/(.*) /user/index.php?uid=$1 [QSA,L] RewriteRule ^tools/(.*) /tools/index.php?tid=$1 [QSA,L]

The rule of the objects directory works just fine. The rules for the user and tools directories give me an ISE due to a redirect loop.

You’ll need to repeat the RewriteCond lines for each of the RewriteRules - as written, they only currently apply to the first RewriteRule, which is probably what’s causing your problem.

Alternatively, it might help to move objects/index.php to objects.php (and similarly for user and tools) so that the RewriteCond lines aren’t necessary in the first place.

Thanks, that was exactly my problem.