Set up time?

How long after I submit my billing info will my account be useable?

veritably immediate

That is you can login to the webpanel and configure things and upload stuff via ftp/shell but it will take a day or 3 for DNS related issues to resolve, so your domain may not be visible to everyone everywhere for that period but that will be true no matter where ye be

[color=#0000CC]jason[/color]

Account approval can take varying amounts of time. Often accounts are approved automatically, but sometimes we require a fax form and / or manual approval by a staff member.

oops =0 yeah, what he said. I forgot about the approval bit.

Seems like mine have all been immediate tho? I’ve always used a credit card and pay a yearly fee up front fwiw.

sorry about the misinformation

[color=#0000CC]jason[/color]

It just depends. I don’t want to get too specific, but obviously companies like ours deal with a lot of credit card fraud. There are a number of things we consider before automatically approving an account. In many / most cases, there aren’t many red flags, and the account is automatically approved.

I have officially signed up! My previous host stole my money and snuck out of town without a word of warning or apology which left me somewhat bitter.

I just got email that my web service is enabled. That was superfast.

Thanks for the replies.

Is the fax form not a requirement? I think last year during the signing up process, I was asked to fax a completed form to DH.
What happens to the forms when the accounts are approved? Do they get destroyed, or turned into paper missiles, or…?

• marsbar

I think we have 'em in a file somewhere. :>

The fax form isn’t always required.

Well, I’ve just signed up but I have a problem. Dont have fax at home, not allowed to send faxes for international numbers from office and nowhere near to use a public one. Also, I’m from Portugal and it is almos 08 PM. NO public services open to use a fax.

How can i do this? What do you need to check my integrity?

Just received an e-mail from Dreamhost telling me that the account was aproved. I think that means that I dont need to send the fax. Great. Count with me for the nex 100 years.

Thank you.

mine was approved right away, so were the other 2 accounts I opened up for my buddies.

www.iboostdaily.com