Set Up E-mail

I am a newbie. I have 3 websites on my account. I would like to set up an e-mail account so I can e-mail myself using a form.

Also, I can’t see the CGI folder to pop in a PHP form.
Can anyone help me?
Thank you kindly

Add email accounts in the panel:
https://panel.dreamhost.com/index.cgi?tree=mail.addresses&

And you don’t need a cgi-bin folder. Your cgi scripts will run no matter where they’re placed. If it’ll make you feel better, you can create a cgi-bin folder in your domain folder.

-Scott

THANK you , Scott !

Here is my problem.
I host my new website (www.sewickleyraw.com) on DreamHost.
Presently, I send form input to my real e-mail (me@verizon.net).
But I want to set up an e-mail to keep me invisible and let the form send to Webmaster@sewickleyraw.com.
I know you are suppose to get free e-mails with the account, but I have NO IDEA how to set this up.
If anyone one could help this raw beginner, I’d appreciate it.
(Thanx to Scott, I got my form working, now I just need the e-mail account !)

In the DreamHost configuration panel, go to Mail, then Manage Email, and then click on Create New Email Address.

You’ll get a form to create your Webmaster@sewickleyraw.com address.

$50 off when signing up with MAXCASHDISCOUNT or get a list of the best DreamHost promo codes on the Web.

Be sure to edit your post here to hide your email address. Something like me@verizon.net, so spammers don’t get your real one. Same for the webmaster example you posted.

-Scott

Thanx again Scott.
I changed it – you are a gentleman and a scholar !
Now, DreamHost set me up on G-mail. I got it working.
But is there anyway to have the G-mail e-mails forwarded to my regular e-mail? Or do I have to set up regular e-mail accounts on Dreamhost to make that happen?
Thank you,
Shay

Oooops, never mind, I figured it out. G-mail account has a forwarding tab. Thanx all.

There sure is :wink:

1. Login to your Gmail account

2. Click Settings (it’s up the top right).

3. Click the “Forwarding and POP/IMAP” TAB.

4. Mark the radio button labelled “Forward a copy of incoming mail to” and type in your email address into the input field immediately below it.

5. Save Changes.

Maximum Cash Discount on any plan with MAXCASH