Server Not Found - how to tell if domain is active?

Hi DreamHost beginner here.
How can I tell if the domain we bought is active?
Tried looking it up using Firefox browser, also tried the DreamHost panel (Visit link) but whenever it lands on the domain it says Server Not Found.
May I know Why? We just activated it yesterday but still Server Not Found…

Two things to know:

“Domain Registration” and “hosting” are two different things. If you registered the domain did you also tell the dreamhost panel to HOST the domain? How to tell: navigate to to “manage domains” in the panel. Is the domain listed there? if so does the “web hosting” column have the words “Fully hosted”?

DNS propagation takes time. New domains usually come up pretty quick (sometimes minutes), but depending on many factors it can be typically 4-8 hours (sometimes longer) from the time you make a DNS change until the changes takes effect across the web. This is just how DNS works, its the same anywhere… not just dreamhost.

This is super late but Thank for the advice.
Last year we bought a domain and since after the post of this thread it got up later that.

Recently we purchased a new domain and purchase its web hosting also. 2 weeks had already past and still we see the Connection Timed-out. Tried to park the domain but still no luck.

Things I checked: (From Left Pane Main Menu)

=============
Manage Domains

Domain
domain is displayed
IP is displayed

Registration
1 year+left.

Web Hosting
Fully Hosted with PHP 5.4
User:

Secure Hosting
Beside Edit button is displayed

==========
Registrations

Domain
domain is displayed

Expires
2016-05-26

Locked?
Yes

Hosting
Fully

===========
Secure Hosting

Domain
domain is displayed with .com

Certificate Type
Unsigned Secure Certificate

Expires On
2025-05-26

Please let us know

12-24 hours should do it. Without the domain name I can’t make any guesses, what you showed tho says everything should be fine.

FYI, Making changes like switching to parked and back to fully hosted, do change the IP, which triggers the need for propagation time. It doesn’t help to make changes to that back in forth several times in a row. Fully hosted is what you want.