Server Email block - Hotmail / outlook

Hi Dreamhost,

Well I am must say I am not happy with Dreamhost emails.
I send two emails to the Dreamhost team about a critical problem.
Moreover I find out that I was not the only one in that situation : https://discussion.dreamhost.com/thread-139136.html

I use somes Q2A Forums (like stakoverflow) on my websites (one is odlg.org) and I ask my users to confirm by emails. But users with hotmail, outlook (and maybe wanadoo), did not receive my email. After 4 days I receive an answer from Dreamhost team, that everything was ok but it is not.

And if I try via SMTP i got this :
Question2Answer fatal error:

Could not send email confirmation
Stack trace:

require() in index.php:31
require() in qa-index.php:175
qa_get_request_content() in qa-page.php:794
require() in qa-page.php:207
qa_send_new_confirm() in qa-page-confirm.php:54

Now I am stuck because I have 10 forums, and they are not working with that, and if I disallow email confirmation, I will be spam for sure. Everything was working fine with emails in my other webhosting.

you can always use external smtp and bypass dreamhost email. even they admit it’s not the best.

Well someone of your Team solve my problem via SMTP, just right now. Well, I am glad it work it could have been a big problem. Thanks for “Nick” anyway he helps me to find a real solution.

Sorry, but what is the solution ? Which email service should I use as external smtp ?

Hi, the best is to ask someone to the Dreamhost team, so ask : how to configure your email to SMTP? They will give you all informations or they will do for you. It should work.

Yes but we know that they are not always the best to help…

You cannot share more details ?

Thanks a lot.