Server Down

I am writing to say I am getting sick and tired of waking up or coming to my desk to find once again the Dreamhost server is down. Each time this happens it is time and money for many users. Can dreamhost sort this server issue out once and for all and maybe if they cannot cope with hosting so many domains they should take a break from hosting new domains until the capacity of the server or whatever tech problems it has are sorted out.

Hours after the DNS issues are “resolved” and all 3 nameservers are completely borked:

MBP:~ steve$ dig @66.201.54.66 mydomain.com any
; <<>> DiG 9.3.2 <<>> @66.201.54.66 mydomain.com any
; (1 server found)
;; global options: printcmd
;; connection timed out; no servers could be reached

MBP:~ steve$ dig @66.33.206.206 mydomain.com any
; <<>> DiG 9.3.2 <<>> @66.33.206.206 mydomain.com any
; (1 server found)

MBP:~ steve$ dig @66.33.216.216 mydomain.com any
; <<>> DiG 9.3.2 <<>> @66.33.216.216 mydomain.com any
; (1 server found)

My sites are once again reachable via DNS…though I expect it may continue to be spotty through out the night.

–rlparker

Not sure what you mean by “My sites are once again reachable via DNS.” What that probably means is your ISP has cached an IP address for your servers. NS1, NS2 & NS3 are all once again unresponsive. There has either been 1 responsive DNS, or no responsive DNS for hours now - and they rate that as a “medium” severity - what a joke.

“hey, we have hundreds of servers and only 3 are having problems!”

Good point! It is actually “coming and going” for me now - I guess I got through last when the 1 ns was up. :frowning:

–rlparker

even dreamhoststatus.com seems to be down for me,

$97 DISCOUNT with [color=#CC0000]DISCOM97[/color]
No monthly setup with [color=#CC0000]DISCNOSET[/color]
More codes

All of my sites are working just fine.
But I also don’t use DreamHost’s nameservers either :wink:

Chips N Cheese - Custom PHP installs and the like!