Serious issue with the DreamHost Apps Panel

Hello,

First of all, I want to say this is the 1st time ever I create a website.
I made a website with Squarespace and purchased a domain name on Dreamhost. To change the url of my site from http://nicolas-zebiri.squarespace.com to www.nicolas-zebiri.com . To do that, I have to create a CNAME record on Dreamhost. I just found out I have to purchase a premium Dreamhost account from DreamHost Apps to be able to create a CNAME record. So I did and that’s where things went wrong.

I did and the panel didn’t change. There’s a confusion between two accounts on DreamHost Apps. I can see 2 names when I log in. One is called Nicolas, the other one Zebiri.

My domain name nicolas-zebiri.com is under the account “Zebiri”. Under the account “Nicolas”, I don’t see the domain name. I can only access the account “Nicolas”.

I think I used another email but I can’t remember which one. I think I purchased a premium account with a wrong mail, which is weird coz this mail doesn’t exist.

I log into the account Nicolas and I try to register again my domain name. Of course, it’s taken.

• Is there a way to find out the mail linked to a domain name?
  • Do I have to purchase ANOTHER domain name ?
  • Does the premium account I purchased lasts 1 year and then STOPS ? I don’t want Dreamhost to take money from my account if I’m not using the domain name.

I hope I made sense, guys. Like I said, I’m a total newbie to websites and these technical stuff.

Any help is appreciated !

Thank you in advance ! :]

I may be wrong as I don’t know any particulars about squarespace hosting, but I imagine all you need to do is configure the domain on their end and then point your domain’s dns servers at it. No need to even pay us for an account!

[quote]I may be wrong as I don’t know any particulars about squarespace hosting, but I imagine all you need to do is configure the domain on their end and then point your domain’s dns servers at it. No need to even pay us for an account!

I would contact them about the setup on their end and then we can help you set up the dns servers. I would also recommend that you ask for a refund of any hosting charges from us, as since you’re hosted with squarespace [/quote]

Thank you for answering, kitchen.

I will try to configure the domain on their end and then point my domain’s dns servers at it.

I will contact Dreamhost (billing@dreamhost.com ?) hoping I can get a refund. I could use this money to improve my website.

Thanks again ! : ]

I tried to mail support@dreamhost.com but it failed. I am asked to follow this link instead https://panel.dreamhost.com/?tree=support.msg.
But I can’t access this feature. I have to upgrade my account. but I already did. Their message :

“This is the control center of a fully hosted DreamHost account. Unfortunately, you haven’t upgraded your account from DreamHost Apps yet! You will need to go to the DreamHost Apps Panel and upgrade your account if you want to use this panel!”

I presented my issue on Squarespace and they told me to ask Dreamhost “HOW to access the DNS to create a CNAME to point my domain to Squarespace ?”

Do you guys know how to contact Dreamhost since I can’t do it from my pannel ? Thank you in advance, you rock.

If this doesn’t work, I’ll ask my bank to prevent all debits from my bank account.