Sept 2003 Birthday Sale upgrades

Anybody reading this who has a Strictly Business SALE! account (the infamous birthday sale from September 2003)? Take a look at your current allotment for bandwidth, disk space, number of domains allowed, etc. It looks like we’ve been quietly upgraded to somewhere between the current Code Monster and the current Strictly Business levels (bandwidth and disk space at Strictly Business levels, number of users and domains at Code Monster levels).

It’s never been less than a decent deal. It’s just that when the birthday sale folk were bypassed during two rounds of massive upgrades, it stopped being a fantastic deal. And I had to confess, I felt some resentment. Even wrote a long post I wound up not sending, back in November of 2003. You probably shouldn’t have called it a “Strictly Business SALE!” if it was going to stop being the equivalent of a Strictly Business account after a mere six weeks, when the first round of upgrades occurred that skipped over the birthday sale customers.

Now it feels like an account worth hanging on to again.

Thanks.

[quote]It looks like we’ve been quietly upgraded to somewhere between the current Code Monster and the current Strictly Business levels (bandwidth and disk space at Strictly Business levels, number of users and domains at Code Monster levels).

[/quote]

Why don’t they make it everything in between, like 9360 MB/228 GB/575 users/23 domains? :wink:

GungHost.com - Gung-ho Web Hosting :: $7.95/mo for 2,400 MB Disk and 120 GB Transfer

[quote]Why don’t they make it everything in between, like 9360
MB/228 GB/575 users/23 domains? :wink:

[/quote]

Now that would be the Strictly Monster package, rather than the Strictly Business SALE! package.

Of course, from a strictly selfish point of view I think they should raise everything to Strictly Business levels if they persist in calling it the “Strictly Business SALE!” plan. But after being excluded from upgrades for over 14 months, and only within the last two months having my bandwidth tripled from 40GB to 120GB and then my disk space tripled from 1600MB to 4800MB, this further boost is a most welcome surprise and seems at least a partial fulfillment of my original expectations of the plan. Perhaps DreamHost might not have intended to create such expectations, but there you have it.

It is sometimes more than a little confusing to read announcements about the strictly business sale only to find out they’re not for all sb accounts. Looks like the sale should have been named something else. Still, I could never dream of hitting the current limits for this “tween” plan. And another positive: The mob of angry people already with DH before the sale was offered is slowly simmering down (I think/hope), and we no longer have to cower in the corner- lol!

~Chell