Sent mail going to spam inbox

When I send out emails they are often going directly to my customers’ spam box. Is there anything I can do to stop this?

SuperCapes for SuperKids!
www.panjokids.com

If one or more of your customers can send you back the entire message (with full headers), it might give you a hint why it was flagged.

-Scott

Here’s the entire thing…looks like this one I sent from my Squirrel mail online, but others I didn’t.

From ellie@panjokids.com Wed Oct 24 18:29:58 2007
Return-Path: ellie@panjokids.com
Authentication-Results: mta321.mail.re4.yahoo.com from=panjokids.com; domainkeys=neutral (no sig)
Received: from 66.33.216.244 (EHLO pants.dreamhost.com) (66.33.216.244)
by mta321.mail.re4.yahoo.com with SMTP; Thu, 25 Oct 2007 00:42:04 -0700
Received: from smarty.dreamhost.com (smarty.dreamhost.com [208.113.175.8])
by pants.dreamhost.com (Postfix) with ESMTP id 8D7F97A453
for xxxxx@yahoo.com; Wed, 24 Oct 2007 18:29:58 -0700 (PDT)
Received: from slaughter.dreamhost.com (dreamhostlb1.dreamhost.com [208.97.187.133])
by smarty.dreamhost.com (Postfix) with ESMTP id 7CCC4EE249
for xxxxx@yahoo.com; Wed, 24 Oct 2007 18:29:58 -0700 (PDT)
Received: from www.webmail.panjokids.com (localhost [127.0.0.1])
by slaughter.dreamhost.com (Postfix) with ESMTP id 7C4485B5CE
for pdxcomptons@yahoo.com; Wed, 24 Oct 2007 18:29:58 -0700 (PDT)
Received: from 12.154.207.135
(SquirrelMail authenticated user ellie@panjokids.com)
by www.webmail.panjokids.com with HTTP;
Wed, 24 Oct 2007 18:29:58 -0700 (PDT)
Message-ID: 28509.12.154.207.135.1193275798.squirrel@www.webmail.panjokids.com
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 18:29:58 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Cape Order
To: xxxxx@yahoo.com
User-Agent: SquirrelMail/1.4.10a
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain;charset=iso-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
Content-Length: 290

----- Original Message ----
To: xxxxx@yahoo.com
Sent: Wednesday, October 24, 2007 6:29:58 PM
Subject: Cape Order

Hi Karen! Thanks for your order. I’ll take the shipping charges off since
I can give them to you in person, plus $5 less for the fabric you are
supplying yourself, plus 5% discount for MDC mamas. :slight_smile: That will make it
$52.25

:slight_smile: I’ll email you tomorrow about where we can meet on Friday.

Do You Yahoo!?
Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
http://mail.yahoo.com

www.panjokids.com

I did change the settings so that they are plain text, not html. Is there anything else I can do?

www.panjokids.com

Here are a couple of things you might try and should be made aware of:

1. Dreamhost as well as many other webhosting providers spend time on the ‘block lists’ - this can result in intermittent times when your messages are sent to spam recovery.

2. You appear to be sending these messages directly from your webmail account which is inadvisable (especially if you are sending newsletters/mailing lists as well) - as you can see in this line:

Received: from www.webmail.panjokids.com (localhost [127.0.0.1])

many spam filters pick up the local host SMTP tag and automatically figure that it is a UCE or spam message.

1. Because squirrel mail is freely available - some spammers elect using it to facilitate their own commercial mailing campaigns which can result in more false positives with the service.

The other problem resides with the ‘DomainKey’ technology that Yahoo utilizes. I am unsure if DH/Squirrel Mail are officially registered with that service; although, i would think that they are:

[Who implements DomainKeys?

DomainKeys will typically be implemented/enabled by the team within a company, ISP, or email service provider that deploys and runs the incoming and outgoing mail servers. Some companies may have service providers that handle their email. As MTA vendors add support for DomainKeys to their products, the implementation of DomainKeys will become simpler.]

Also,

I did not see Squirrel Mail listed here:

[Which mail transfer agents (MTAs) support DomainKeys?

Sendmail has released a milter implementation for both the commercial and freeware versions of their MTA. A Qmail patch, an Exim version as well as a qpsmtpd plugin are also available. CERN, the creators of the WWW has released a C# library for use in MS Exchange 2003. Port 25’s PowerMTA, Etype.net’s acSMTP, ActivSoftware’s XMServer, OmniTI’s Ecelerity, StrongMail, Alt-N Technology’s MDaemon MTA for Windows, Postfix, Communigate Pro, IronPort, and Merak Mail all have DomainKey versions of their software. Finally, Yahoo! has released an open source reference implementation for DomainKeys that can be plugged into other MTAs.]

Lastly, it could simply depend on the enduser themselves…if they have their SPAM settings too high, most incoming mail will be more likely to be tagged as UCE.

IAmAtMyWitsEnd aka promoCodeSLAYER

Thank you very much! I will have to read that last part over about DomainKeys, but I got the rest of it. :slight_smile:

I rarely use Squirrel mail, but occasionally do when I am at work. I will make a point of waiting until I get home to send email. At home I use Outlook.

A friend was telling me about being blocklisted, how my IP address might be shared with another name that has been blocklisted, and that it can be a pain to petition to be removed from the blocklists.

Again, thank you for your reply and giving me some things to think about or change.

www.panjokids.com