Sending files out of a protected folder

Im using Slideshow pro director to manage albums inside a protected folder (htaccess), I would also like it to mange items out side that folder.

At the moment as I suspected the swfs outside the protected folder will work but pop up a password dialogue box.

Is there any way I can make the swf’s outside the protected folder get a free pass into the content I want them to show, without compromising the security of the protected folder.

You’ll have to type slowly though as I have no experience of thsi at all :slight_smile:

[quote]Is there any way I can make the swf’s outside the protected folder get a free pass into the content I want them to show, without compromising the security of the protected folder.

[/quote]

Not easily. There’s no way the web server can tell the difference between a request for the protected content generated by your SWF and a “normal” request for that content. If you have content that you really need to protect, you can try embedding it into the SWF (if applicable); otherwise, your best bet is just hoping nobody notices.