Sending email failing

I’ve been happily using dreamhost to send and receive email to my domain, collectivesource.com, for several years. It is now no longer working. The last successful send was 7:48am this morning. I verified that it wasn’t working before I changed anything. I’ve been trying all kinds of things tonight with essentially no success. I had a few remaining references to the m style account, but I believe I have those all purged now and I don’t think those were relevant. I did notice that I have been successfully using my actual dreamhost.com username for outgoing mail rather than my email address. I switched it over to my own domain, but have found no lasting joy. There was a weird hiccup at one point when a couple of message went out, but when I tried sending another message with no config changes it didn’t work. I haven’t been able to reproduce that behavior with a lot of careful testing. My current settings for outgoing mail are (Mac OS X Mail):

Server name: mail.collectivesource.com
Use default ports (25, 465, 587)
Authentication: Password
User name: nathan@collectivesource.com
Password: ******* (I have verified this password with webmail)

I have also tried explicitly setting the port to 587 with no joy. I have also tried just ‘nathan’ for the user name.

Anyone have any clues?

Thanks,
-Nathan

Add a test@domain.com address via Panel and test it on the software you’re using.

Maximum Cash Discount on any plan with MAXCASH

How To Install PHP.INI / ionCube on DreamHost