Save 71 US $ with this Promo Code

Doesn’t spamming mean you agree to give up all of your referral fees forever? I’m pretty sure it does.

If you had looked around before spamming like a dirtbag, you would have seen that most of us are giving out better deals than that, anyway.

:stuck_out_tongue: Save up to $96 at Dreamhost with the 96DOLLARSOFF promo code.

I think you are right. In the DreamHost fine print it says…

“Please only post your link in conjunction with your regular postings, as per our strict anti-spam rules. Please post responsibly. Violation of our policies will result in immediate forfeiture of all Rewards payments.”

I think it is OK to post code in forum sigs though. Just don’t spam everywhere with codes.

Pay just [color=#CC0000]$22.40[/color] for 1 year Dreamhost hosting, use promo-code [color=#CC0000]MOJO97[/color]
Save [color=#CC0000]$97[/color] on all yearly plans!! (Max saving on monthly plans too!!)

“Please only post your link in conjunction with your regular postings […]”

I wonder if this could be interpreted to exclude posts in these forums by people who a) have referral links and/or promo codes in their .sigs, and b) almost invariably have little or no accurate, useful information about the thread they’re posting to yet post anyway in a transparent attempt to get their .sigs in front of more eyes.

If you want useful replies, ask smart questions.

Well most post on this and any forum could be classified as not usefull. It just depends who judges.

Use “THECIPHER” for a $97 discount

I wouldn’t be averse to banning the posting of referral links / codes anywhere in this forum, just to end all the silly warring over it. If somebody’s already reading this forum, they’ve been introduced to Dreamhost, and it’s silly to count them as being “referred” by anybody else here anyway.

– Dan

The “warring” is from people that don’t like competition and don’t want to refer people for less than $97 per link, or people that wanted a fixed-pricing $50 promo code scheme.

[quote]If somebody’s already reading this forum, they’ve been introduced to Dreamhost, and it’s silly to count them as being “referred” by anybody else here anyway.

– Dan [/quote]
That might apply to referral links, but a promo code is a discount–and people like discounts. If the person that referred them didn’t offer them a discount, that’s their problem.

Example: I already know where Wal-Mart is, but if someone hands me a gift card with almost $100 on it, I’m going to use it. As would anyone that’s ever complained about a DH promo code.

DH can moderate this forum as they see fit. There’s nothing wrong with deleting posts with promo codes that don’t follow the TOS–as has always been done with posts before promo codes.

If you start a thread like this one, it’s not wrong because it has a promo code. It’s wrong because it’s spam.

I think if someone started a thread right now that encouraged killing everyone that doesn’t have blonde hair and blue eyes, that people here would be outraged. Not because of the killing part, but because the person that started the thread had a promo code in their sig. :wink:

:stuck_out_tongue: Save up to $96 at Dreamhost with the 96DOLLARSOFF promo code.

[quote]“Please only post your link in conjunction with your regular postings […]”

I wonder if this could be interpreted to exclude posts in these forums by people who a) have referral links and/or promo codes in their .sigs, and b) almost invariably have little or no accurate, useful information about the thread they’re posting to yet post anyway in a transparent attempt to get their .sigs in front of more eyes.[/quote]
I think the simple way to take that line is that your promo code shouldn’t be a topic starter, or off-topic.

If someone asks, “Does DH offer unlimited domains?” and someone answers, “Sign up with my promo code and find out,” then yes, that person is retarded and probably shouldn’t be allowed near promo codes without adult supervision. :wink: On the other hand, if someone gives a simple, “yes,” and happens to have a code in their sig, the new customer just got his answer and a discount. No problem there.

If it’s in your sig, and you answer posts the way you would without a sig, then it’s either a) not a problem, or b) your post is the problem and you shouldn’t be posting, with or without a code. Posts are moderated whether they have a code in them or not.

While people might do “me too” posts to put the code out there, “me too” posts were around long before promo codes. They just didn’t get questioned since there wasn’t a code. I read other forums where someone says something worth reading, then 20 people follow up with “+1.” There aren’t even promo codes in those forums, but I still want to shoot myself after about the 15th +1. :smiley:

If the post isn’t a problem, a code in the sig shouldn’t be, especially since DH probably didn’t create them with the hopes that we wouldn’t use them. I heard a rumor that they like money. :wink:

Plus, as I mentioned in another thread, the “just getting it out there” part isn’t just for promo codes. People can do the same with plain referral links, links to their commercial sites, or links to their personal sites w/promo codes and referral links. This is nothing new, yet for some reason, it’s only getting attention when it’s a promo code.

A simple ban on sigs will make sure that no one here benefits from answering questions and that new customers will not get a discount on hosting. How can anything that hurts DH sales, costs new customers extra money and takes money away from people using codes/referrals possibly be a bad idea? :slight_smile: