Satisfied

I just signed up for DH because it was a good deal, but after browsing the forums, I’m wondering how people would rate customer service. Also, what would you guys say is the minimum usage that would deter from using dreamhost? I have a client I was going to setup w/ DH, but I want to check before I recommend going through with it.

I’ve been a customer for about 2 months. And I have been very happy. I was with my last host almost 10 years, so it took quite a bit for me to change.

They have had some problems very recently, but I beleive it’s been because of several factors coming together at once, and not any one shortcoming. Their record seems to be very good prior to this recent Hickup.

The few problems I have had have been resolved fairly quickly (esp when you mark the issue “site outage”). Not as quick as picking up the phone and getting someone on the line immediatly, but within a few hours (which is good enough for my sites).

If I needed 99.99% uptime or my business was going to be in jeopardy, I wouldn’t suggest them, or any cheap host.

For the cost I have found them very feature risk, with very few… kinks.

-Jason

MP3Mystic Your personal Streaming MP3 Server
Dreamhost Hosting

IMO, the customer service is great! They’re very polite, thorough, and (for me) all of their responses come in under 24 hours. For some, customer responses have been coming between 24 and 72 hours, but DH is hiring another support employee.

MacManX.com

I’ve only been a member for a short time, but so far I am very happy. Just last night the server hosting my SQL db failed, and I sent a trouble ticket. Within the hour, I had two responses from them. One pointing to a new announcement (which must have been put up as I was sending my ticket) and then another telling me again what had happened and that it had been fixed.

WafflePussy- What on gods green earth is a wafflepussy?

You’re about as funny as a crotch–Archie Bunker