Run Ran Server

is it possible for me to run a ran server that can be used by many users? iam not a gamer and have no idea how to play a game but i have a friend who is playing it and ask me if i can set up a ran server. btw i have crazy domain insane plan. thanks.

Setting up such a server on a DreamHost shared server is a violation of the Terms of Service (even if you “could” do it), so tell your friend, “No, sorry!” :wink:

–rlparker

Although it may not be if you’re using the new “Private Server” features. It appears that persistent processes are supported when this service is used.

Wholly - Use promo code WhollyMindless for full 97$ credit. Let me know if you want something else!

But isn’t this an MMORPG game server that will suck up a dedicated server’s worth of resources - either that or it will either run into performance problems causing massive lag for users.

I don’t know this for sure as I have little experience running a Ran Online game server. BTW, this is legal, right? (that would be another hitch)

Free unique IP and $67 off with promo code [color=#CC0000]FLENSFREEIP67[/color] or use [color=#CC0000]FLENS97[/color] for $97 off. Click here for more options

As long as it’s not on my shared server, no problem! (grin) That’s why guaranteed resources of a private server might work.

Now another thing to consider is even if the application runs on Linux.

Wholly - Use promo code WhollyMindless for full 97$ credit. Let me know if you want something else!