Ruby On Rails - MySQL

software development

I can’t seem to connect to the MySQL database I created in support of my site here on DreamHost. I’m using Ruby on Rails and have configured the database.yml file but keep getting the following:

Access denied for user ‘username’@‘my isp’ (using password: YES)

If I ssh in I can connect to MySQL just like wise through PHPMyAdmin. Anything I’m missing with RoR?

Thanks!

I’m wondering why it says ‘my isp’ instead of something else. It sounds as if your trying to access the database from your own computer, and if that was the case you simply need to allow connections from your ISP.

:cool: Perl / MySQL / HTML+CSS

Ok. I’m getting closer.

I get the following error message now in my log file:

Processing SiteController#portfolio (for 69.132.67.111 at Thu Sep 29 15:15:16 PDT 2005)
Parameters: {“action”=>“portfolio”, “controller”=>“site”}

NameError (uninitialized constant Portfolio):
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-1.1.1/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:186:in const_missing' /app/controllers/site_controller.rb:16:inportfolio’
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-1.9.1/lib/action_controller/base.rb:756:in send' /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-1.9.1/lib/action_controller/base.rb:756:inperform_action_without_filters’
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-1.9.1/lib/action_controller/filters.rb:295:in perform_action_without_benchmark' /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-1.9.1/lib/action_controller/benchmarking.rb:41:inperform_action_without_rescue’
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-1.9.1/lib/action_controller/benchmarking.rb:41:in measure' /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-1.9.1/lib/action_controller/benchmarking.rb:41:inperform_action_without_rescue’
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-1.9.1/lib/action_controller/rescue.rb:80:in perform_action' /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-1.9.1/lib/action_controller/base.rb:356:insend’
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-1.9.1/lib/action_controller/base.rb:356:in process' /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rails-0.13.1/lib/dispatcher.rb:32:indispatch’
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rails-0.13.1/lib/fcgi_handler.rb:144:in process_request' /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rails-0.13.1/lib/fcgi_handler.rb:64:inprocess!’
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rails-0.13.1/lib/fcgi_handler.rb:55:in each_cgi' /usr/lib/ruby/1.8/fcgi.rb:597:ineach’
/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/fcgi.rb:597:in each_cgi' /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rails-0.13.1/lib/fcgi_handler.rb:55:inprocess!’
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rails-0.13.1/lib/fcgi_handler.rb:21:in `process!'
dispatch.fcgi:24

Here’s my database config

adapter: mysql
database: nameofdaatabase
host: sql.domainname.com
username: user
password: password

Any pointers?