Roundcube

The 3rd party forums seem to be dead, so I thought I’d post it here.
've been trying to install roundcube using the method described here, but I haven’t been able to log-in successfully. To help diagnose where I went wrong let me show you the changes to the main.inc.php, and the db.inc.php.
For the db.inc.php (no .dist i removed that)
mysql://user:pass@mysqldatabasesubdomain.krusnix.com/databasename

For main.inc.php
$rcmail_config[‘default_host’] = ‘mail.krusnix.com’;

// TCP port used for IMAP connections
$rcmail_config[‘default_port’] = 38;

$rcmail_config[‘smtp_server’] = ‘mail.krusnix.com’;

// SMTP port (default is 25; 465 for SSL)
$rcmail_config[‘smtp_port’] = 63;

// SMTP username (if required) if you use %u as the username RoundCube
// will use the current username for login
$rcmail_config[‘smtp_user’] = ‘%u’;

// SMTP password (if required) if you use %p as the password RoundCube
// will use the current user’s password for login
$rcmail_config[‘smtp_pass’] = ‘%p’;

So those are all the changes I made for the actual file.
I headed over to the roundcubedatabase phpinfo site, and imported the initial mysql file. Then I clicked users, clicked insert then left the function blank and for value added krusnix@krusnix.com for mail host I yet again left the function blank and added mail.krusnix.com, for alias I just put krusnix. Then I clicked go.
*note that I have a krusnix@krusnix.com email already set-up at the dreamhost cpanel. So when I head over to the roundcube url, and enter krusnix@krusnix.com and the password set at the dreamhost cpanel it says my log-in is incorrect, it does the same thing when I just leave it at krusnix, and enter the same pass as above.

I hate squirrelmail and would love to something modern that is comparable to yahoo mail. (Feels like outlook).

Some research turned up roundcube. I would love to install something like this too. So, sorry I can’t help with the install b/c I am not a LAMP guy but I would like to support your effort!

pete

I’ve successfully installed, it I can help you out with it if you have any problems.