Roundcube & Spam

apps

I was wondering if there is any way to check the caught spam in Roundcube like there is in Squiremail.

I really like the interface of RC and would prefer to use it, but I have to have a way for my other users to be able to check their own spam

This is not possible.

bryan | website

Why not? Is the spam not stored in a folder that can then be mapped?

No, it isn’t actually. If my memory serves me correctly, it’s stored elsewhere in a database and Squirrelmail had to be hacked to display it alongside your regular mailbox contents.

If you want useful replies, ask smart questions.

no offence, but that’s just silly. Why make it impossible to check your spam messages? How can you tell if the spam filter is to strong and removing real E-mail messages? I guess that’s why it’s sitll in alpha stage…

-Matttail

It has nothing to do with the fact that Roundcube is alpha. Roundcube will never be able to see your spam folder as long as Dreamhost does what they do.

The only way to check your spam folder is through Dreamhost’s hacked version of Squirrelmail.

bryan | website

Wait…wouldn’t one way around this be to enable keyword filtering (a nice GUI for procmail through the Panel) and send all mail with DHSPAM in the subject line (which is what DH’s SpamAssassin does, apparently) to a “spam” folder? Doing so would require the following steps:

1. Login to webmail.
  2. Click on Options.
  3. Click on SpamAssassin configuration.
  4. Go down to Message Scoring Policy and Define Custom Policy.
  5. Enter a sensible number (for example, 3 or 4) to be used as your filtering threshold in the “tag level” box, and enter 999 in the quarantine level (which should prevent your mail from being diverted to the DB).
  6. Click Set Custom Policy.
  7. Logout of webmail.
  8. Login to the Panel.
  9. Go to Mail > Keyword Filtering.
  10. Heed the warning about a procmailrc (if you’ve already set that up, then you probably know how to edit it as I am about to describe), and click “Add [or Edit if you already have filters] Filters” for the appropriate mailbox.
  11. Click “Add Filter for [yourmailboxnamehere]”.
  12. Change the filtering criteria to “When email subject contains DHSPAM”.
  13. Select “Move it to folder” and name the folder “junk”, “spam”, or something like that.
  14. Leave “Execute this filter” alone.
  15. Press “Add Filter”.
  16. Poof! That should give you a new Mailbox in Maildir/.[junk/spam/whatever] that you can monitor and read from any standard email client. I’ve never used Roundcube, so I don’t know where to go from there.

Those steps should work…the only caveats are that anybody who sends you an email with DHSPAM in the subject will have their email sent to your junk filter (then again, how likely is that?), and that this will be a normal mailbox: mail won’t be automatically removed (as it can be from the quarantine) after a certain period of time.

Is there anybody who tested it? I test it, but I need some spam first :slight_smile: I smartly selected INBOX.Junk for keyword filter, I guess it’s used automatically by email clients like RoundCube. BTW, I’m not sure, but maybe if you DO want receive mails with DHSPAM in subject, set filter to DHSPAM ?

Ok, it’s been a while now… Has anyone gotten the DH spam-filtering to work with another email script?

My PHP email script is a custom version of squirrelmail. Does anyone know if the custom hacks can be applied to a different instance of squirrelmail?

Can we modify the DH squirrelmail install?

[quote]Ok, it’s been a while now… Has anyone gotten the DH spam-filtering to work with another email script?

My PHP email script is a custom version of squirrelmail. Does anyone know if the custom hacks can be applied to a different instance of squirrelmail?

Can we modify the DH squirrelmail install? [/quote]

[code]Newsletter - V10.09 September 2008
3. New! Quarantined Mail via IMAP!

There’s NOTHING that makes my day MORE than us FINALLY finishing a
feature that’s been one of the most popular suggestions for pretty close
to a DECADE!!! :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :)!!!

Yes. It’s TRUE!! You can finally access your junkmail quarantine folder
via your IMAP client!!! To enable this, just log into webmail at:

http://webmail.dreamhost.com/ or http://webmail.yourdomain.com/

and click “junkmail” there on the left, then “settings”, then put in a
folder name for your spam!

You can also of course use:

http://mailboxes.domain.com/

(The place for individual mailbox users to manage their own settings.)
And click “junkmail settings” to do the same thing!

Today is already so BEAUTIFUL… and now THIS?!! Happy happy joy joy![/code]Hopefully that works for you.

Customer since 2000 :cool: openvein.org

Does it have its own folder for spam messages?

Remove Acne Fast

Yes that seems to work just fine, thanks for that.

There is no handy button for whitelist, blacklist, etc., but I can live without that for sure.

Also, it does NOTHING unless you change the “spam-score” from 999 to something else much lower. I’ve got mine set to 4 and it seems to be filtering quite a bit of spam.

Peace,