Roundcube: if i switch, do i lose addresses?

if i enable roundcube in the panel, does anyone know if i will lose my address book entries? how about mail folders? can i switch back to squirrel and the way everything was if anything goes wrong? thanks!

wow–nobody knows?

Didn’t notice this post. Here goes…

• No, no, yes.

• Yes.

More info about RoundCube is in the Wiki.

Maximum Cash Discount on any plan with MAXCASH

How To Install PHP.INI / ionCube on DreamHost

I was going to guess Yes, no, yes. Aren’t address book entries stored in your SquirrelMail settings? However, you can export SquirrelMail addresses, and probably import them into RoundCube. I know about the export, but not so sure about the import.

-Scott

Yeah, I should have expounded on the first “Yes”. The address books aren’t automagically imported into RoundCube - but you don’t lose them either. SquirrelMail accounts/access aren’t “deleted” as such and the Squirrel remains available for use while using RoundCube.

You can test them out at the .dreamhost frontends:

http://roundcube.dreamhost.com

http://mail.dreamhost.com

sweet! many thanks

i went into the control panel, edited webmail, and checked Enable RoundCube Webmail on. after nine or ten hours now, shouldn’t i be presented with RoundCube instead of Squirrel?

I’m just a customer like you and have little info regarding timeframes.

thanks all. it took maybe 12 hours, then i couldn’t access webmail.

back in the panel, Enable Roundcube was surprisingly unchecked, and Disable Webmail was checked. in case this happens to anyone else, i reversed those and everything worked.

one note: to import addresses into RoundCube, they have to be in VCard format.

one more tidbit for anyone who finds this useful: it looks like RoundCube’s address book only uses a few vcard fields, so your SquirrelMail Info fields can not be converted. it just displays name and email address. unfortunately, that’s a deal breaker for me :frowning: