RFacebook on Rails - HELP!

apps

I have been trying for the past three days to get rfacebook up and running on Dreamhost. I have followed the instructions to install local gems on the wiki, I have successfully tested my app locally, but when I try to run it on Dreamhost all I ever get is:

[Fri Aug 24 07:56:09 2007] [error] [client 71.238.10.179] FastCGI: comm with (dynamic) server “/home/haphazardllc/rails/myartwork/public/dispatch.fcgi” aborted: (first read) idle timeout (60 sec)
[Fri Aug 24 07:56:09 2007] [error] [client 71.238.10.179] FastCGI: incomplete headers (0 bytes) received from server “/home/haphazardllc/rails/myartwork/public/dispatch.fcgi”

If I remove all references to rfacebook (acts_as_facebook_user, require_facebook_login etc), the application will start. I don’t know what the problem is, and my logger isn’t catching anything.

Has anyone successfully set up rfacebook on DH and if so, what steps did you take?

I also battled with a Facebook rails app on dreamhost for about a week. I solved it by going to another hosting company - hostingrails.com - and had my app running in about 15 minutes.

I love a lot of things about dreamhost, but they don’t do rails well. I wouldn’t recommend fighting with it.