Rewards question

I have put a link to Dreamhost on my website to take advantage of the Rewards program and 4 people signed up, but only one of the names are bold. The other 3 are regular (not Italic). It looks like there is payment pending for only 1 (the bold one). What does regular font style means? One of the regular type accounts have been created before the bold one, so it can’t be a timing issue. Can you help me explain what’s going on? Thank you!
Ivan

It means that their accounts are still pending approval.

MacManX.com
I don’t work here. I’m just your typical support forum volunteer.

thank you for the quick reply. one of them is a close friend and i know for sure that he already uses DreamHost for more than 2 weeks now. Could it still be pending approval?

thank you for the answers.

he didn’t get the free month and he did pay for sure. i was sitting beside him when he created the account and signed up.

Or, it could be that DH finally fixed the Rewards Panel. Originally, bold names were only supposed to be names which you have been given rewards for. But, you wouldn’t be able to receive the rewards until the member passed the 90 day money-back period. So, the name wouldn’t go bold for 90 days. Something happened a while back and names started becoming bold automatically, but the 90-day rule would remain in effect. I suppose it is possible that DH has finally fixed this.

MacManX.com

maybe i should just be patient than.

Take a look at the comments on that KB article you linked…

“What absolute horrible customer service this company has.” - fatherlukedotcom

… which seems to be repeated on quite a number of KB pages.

And on another page, something about an ad for toothbrushes.

Maybe someone should watch the knowledgebase for comment spam :slight_smile:

yeah I think they should be. I was looking though the K-base today and saw several of the pages were ‘graffitied’ by him.

-Matttail

My God, what a horrible person. As if infecting these forums wasn’t enough.

MacManX.com

[quote]yeah I think they should be. I was looking though the K-base today and
saw several of the pages were ‘graffitied’ by him.

[/quote]

53, to be exact. Removed 'em.

• Jeff @ DreamHost
  • DH Discussion Forum Admin