Rewards @ Critical Mass

My rewards have dropped off significantly the last few months, while my traffic is at an all time high.

Has the DH reward system reached critical mass? It had to happen sometime!

I’ve taken down my referral link on my most popular page because a) it has stopped earning me $ and I wonder if it’s not a turn off since everybody has a DH referral link.

Anyone else experiencing the same thing?

[quote]My rewards have dropped off significantly the last few months, while my traffic is at an all time high.

Has the DH reward system reached critical mass? It had to happen sometime![/quote]
The referral system is largely useless now, because of the introduction of promotional codes. Most web-savvy folk looking for hosting will visit this forum before spending $$, and they are almost certain to stumble across a promo code. Since the promo code automatically trumps your referral, you won’t get any reward, regardless of how much effort you have put in to win the referral in the first place.

I still get dozens of click-throughs, and many sign up with my own promo code, but I still get zilch. Perhaps there is a faint hope of a secondary referral, but I’ve yet to get one.

Simon Jessey | Keystone Websites
Save $97 on yearly plans with promo code [color=#CC0000]SCJESSEY97[/color]

[quote]The referral system is largely useless now, because of the introduction of promotional codes.

[/quote]

For you maybe, but it Works for DreamHost.

Oh, to have $97 for every link to DreamHost.

[quote]I still get dozens of click-throughs, and many sign up with my own promo code, but I still get zilch. Perhaps there is a faint hope of a secondary referral, but I’ve yet to get one.

[/quote]

Even googlebot clicks through.

DreamHost pulled a sleight of hand. Once upon a time, you got something like 10 bucks per referral. Then 10%/5% of revenues “forever!” Then, if you went for it, 65 bucks. Then 97 bucks. Links and “they’re great” stories went everywhere. Then they started variable kickbacks, and you got somewhere between 0-97 bucks, depending on buyer’s awareness… Now, you mostly get 5 bucks, per secondary referral. Waddya want for nuthin’? To be told what’s coming?

I still see Google ads to click. Somebody must be pulling in the suckas. :slight_smile:

BTW, How many of your 777 “Special!” $9.24 per year signups are renewing after a year? I see about 50%, which isn’t bad.

The things you see when searching Google, for links to DreamHost! :slight_smile:

I haven’t seen diddly sweet all for a while. This is what I expected would happen when people started the slippery slope of offering more and more in the codes.

What plan is best for you? Compare from this list and select the best plan

I still get $97 sign-ups, even though I use promo codes. My theory is that some people are insane and others just hate money. :wink:

I get a bunch of $5 secondary referrals.

I also get several referrals up to $47 when the codes are used on monthly plans.

I guess I could complain that my referrals won’t cover a new car, since I don’t get $97 per click. But since a month or two of referrals still pays for several years of hosting here, which I’d happily pay the $19/month for, I’m happy and prefer the promo code system.

:stuck_out_tongue: Save up to $96 at Dreamhost with the 96DOLLARSOFF promo code.

I’ve noticed the same thing, which I find a little odd. Maybe it has something to do with not being able to pay using PayPal when using a promo-code. I do see a greater percentage of fraud/refunds on these $97 sign-ups.

I wish :slight_smile:

Seriously though, like yourself, I’m not getting rich from referrals (I never thought I would), but it does easily pay for my hosting here.

Same here. In my opinion the promo-code system works very well.

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost hosting using promo code [color=#CC0000]SAVEMONEY[/color] ( Click for promo code details )