Restoring Database

Hi, I am sorry if this would make a bit trouble for you but I need to restore my database. There was some problems when I tried restoring it. It includes about 4k users and 14k posts so I would really really really appreciate it if you can help me. Thanks a lot for reading.

Login to SSH. “cd” to you domain directory and where the backup file is.
type

mysql -h dbhost.domain.com -u user -p db_to_restore_to > backup.sql

I think that’s it from memory. Might take some time. I would say use PhpmyAdmin but I guess with that many posts/users it would time out.

Oh sorry if i was misunderstood, I meant that I have the file, but the file is corrupt because of my sucky storage thing. I read earlier that DH does Dababase backups but it’s a pain to do so… I’m still hoping they can do it for me. Thanks anyway though, i’ll keep that in mind for future reference.

I would submit a ticket to Customer Service if you want action taken on your account. This is not an ‘official’ requests area, just a place to voice questions/concerns, etc.

Your best bet to get this taken care of the quickest is to submit a trouble ticket.

yep, i sent them a support request about 1 day and 12 hrs ago. I wasn’t sure if they received it or not so I just posted here to see if they might pick it up if they didn’t have my request yet.

The Support history page will show the message if they received it (and Any replies they sent, in case they didn’t make it back to you).

But a day and a half isn’t that long for dreamhost. seems they measure support responce time in Days.

-Jason

I40.com - Home Page
MP3Mystic - Personal Streaming Music server.
(Neither of these sites are still hosted at dreamhost)

I just noticed the support queue is at 607 messages!! WOWSA!

-Jason

I40.com - Home Page
MP3Mystic - Personal Streaming Music server.
(Neither of these sites are still hosted at dreamhost)