Restore

Does any one know how to restore a web site

I Installed joomla over the top and it deleted the existing files

I restored the sql database, that was easy

This article explains everything you need to know to restore your website.
http://wiki.dreamhost.com/Snapshot_data_restoration

$50 off and 3 free domains with code: [color=#CC0000]DH3[/color] Sign Up NOW or More Codes Here

Thanks for that.

One slight problem. Well probably not that slight. When I try to view the nightly.0 and nightly.1 from smartftp and webftp, it looks empty same with the hourly. If I try to ftp straight to the folders it says they don’t exist. When I ftp to .snapshot folder I can see the four folders, but I can’t see any files in them.

Is that a new website? Probably it is not backed up yet.

$50 off and 3 free domains with code: [color=#CC0000]DH3[/color] Sign Up NOW or More Codes Here

Are you on the Blingy cluster? They are re-organizing that cluster at present, and they may not have the .snapshots presently available for all users on those servers (if this is the case, it is likely a temporary condition).

–rlparker

It is about 6 months old, so it must be the problem with Blingy Cluster (rlparker), not sure if that is me or not

You can check which server you are on via DH panel --> Account Status. There is a link at the top right corner.

So which server are you on?