Restore backup on local host with mamp

wordpress

Hello all, thank you for taking the time to lend a hand.

I previously had a dreamhost site that I deleted but before I did I saved a dreamhost produced backup which came in the form of two files.

Now I have another website up and going again and I would like to take a few posts from my old site and put them on the new one. I don’t need to do anything fancy, just would like to access the old posts so I can copy the text.

I set up a localhost with wordpress with mamp, fumbled through it with the help of youtube videos, in the hopes I could restore the backup to there and then access the posts I was hoping to.

**Edit: I am working on a mac ***

Well I got the local wordpress set up on my computer, but I don’t know how to get the backups I have uploaded onto my local wordpress page. I figured I could figure it out once I had the local wordpress site set up but I guess its a little more difficult than I thought.

Anyone feel like walking me through it?

Thank you again for taking the time to help out.

I still need help if anyone knows how to give me a hand :slight_smile:

I have no idea of what files you have received, so you’re in uncharted territory. What’s in those two files you got? Maybe one contains the archives of files and the other is a database dump? Maybe if you share a bit more details we can help you figure things out.