Resolving Host Issues

FTP response:
[2/24/2018 7:04:09 PM] Can’t resolve “”. Network connectivity was detected. Check the spelling of the server name or contact the server administrator.

HTTP response:’s server IP address could not be found.

Eventually, after a minute or two, the host resolves. This issue also from HTTP client tools at various places around the world (London, Sydney, Shanghai, etc.)

Note: this report for information only. I do not wish to debate just because you may be connecting normally.

Looks like DreamHost servers are down for multiple domains INCLUDING MINE! Bad business… Not happy with the service…

I had gotten a message from Jetpack saying that my Wordpress site was down but I was able to bring it up. So then I tried to SSH into the VPS my site is on and it wasn’t able to resolve the domain. I noticed in my VPS Dashboard, the server is still indicated as being restarted, but I can now SSH into it just fine and I got another email from Jetpack saying my blog was back up.

So, I don’t know what’s going on.

Dreamhost had a DNS outage last night:

You can subscribe to get status alerts:

Thank you very much.

We sincerely apologize for this disruption. Our engineers have pushed out a fix to the DNS connectivity issues and this incident has been resolved, and systems are now fully operational.

Please contact support via the DreamHost Web Panel if you are still experiencing related issues.
Matt C