Reseller

apps

Hey guys.
I want to use www.ispconfig.org to create a reseller’s web panel.

However it needs a server with Linux… or Debian or OS’s like that.

I downloaded the file and unzipped it into my folder. Is it even possible to get this running?

Thanks a lot guys!
-matt

You will need your own box (at least a dedicated server with root) in order to do that

That is not the main issue here (DreamHost is Debian based), it’s a matter of having root permission and access to completely configure the server, which you do not have on your DreamHost account.

No, not on a DreamHost shared server.

–rlparker

Thanks for the quick reply man.

Damn, that sucks.

Any suggestions?

I was looking at drupal. This is probably a dumb question, but now having installed it, and seen a Cpanel and WHM module, do you, or anyone, know if this means I can have a cpanel look alike?
Again, probably a dumb question lol.

Thanks.

The Drupal “cpanel” refers to it’s “control panel” and is in no way related to what you are talking about. Drupal is a CMS (Content Management System), and the WHM is just an addon (with which I am not that familiar).

check http://www.cyberscript.net for one example of the kind of thing you could run on DreamHost. That said, this is not a particularly good environment to resell in the manner you describe. For one thing, you would be responsible for all the actions of your subscribers - I suspect that would result in your account getting suspended/terminated rather quickly because of some idiocy one of your users committed.

I resell all the time, but I use a different mode where I provide no access to the server at all (just resell the bare hosting) to my clients, and I handle all interaction with the server.

–rlparker