Reply form problem

I know DH doesn’t support forms, but I think there may be a different problem. However, they won’t respond. We have a form that was working perfectly. Now it doesn’t. We have checked the code and find no problem. Sometimes we get this:

This is the Postfix program at host hug.dreamhost.com.

I’m sorry to have to inform you that your message could not be
be delivered to one or more recipients. It’s attached below.

For further assistance, please send mail to

If you do so, please include this problem report. You can
delete your own text from the attached returned message.

The Postfix program

orders@freemovetexas.com: host 208.113.175.8[208.113.175.8] said: 554
orders@freemovetexas.com: Recipient address rejected: Policy Rejection-
–SENDER_QUOTA_REJECTION-- (in reply to RCPT TO command)

Other times we get a form email reply but no data in the message area.

No changes have been made to the form or our script since April 17.

All I want to know is if the server has a problem or if we have a problem.

Any help out there? I have written Support twice. 9 hours and 0 response to my first request so far. I just need to tell my customer something. Thanks.

Web Designer

I’d wait and see what support says, but my wild guess is that it’s the quantity of mail being sent from the form, rather than a problem with the form itself.

:stuck_out_tongue: Save up to $96 at Dreamhost with ALMOST97 promo code (I get $1).
Or save $97 with THEFULL97.

13 emails in one day is a quantity problem?

Web Designer

That’s why I called it a wild guess, based on “SENDER_QUOTA_REJECTION”. :wink:

Here’s an older post by Dallas that discusses limits. Note that he says they apply to a user–not just a single website.

Like I said, it’s probably going to be something support will have to address. That error just seems to indicate a quantity issue, but maybe not just from that single form.

:stuck_out_tongue: Save up to $96 at Dreamhost with ALMOST97 promo code (I get $1).
Or save $97 with THEFULL97.

No, it wouldn’t be…but don’t forget that mail quotas are calculated by user; if a variety of forms, sign-ups, notifications, regular email usage etc. from the same user (possibly from several websites?) stack up to the quota, even a single additional email from the form could cause the issue.

Seiler has it right - this is an issue for DH support; they should be able to tell you what, exactly, is going on. :wink:

–rlparker

OK, I think I see what you mean — this domain has several email addresses — maybe that is the issue? I just never heard of one address impacting another like that. Perhaps you mean somewhere else on the server. In any case, I guess I’ll just have to wait it out. It would be nice to hear “we’re looking at it” or something.
Thanks

Web Designer

Just read your reference post and it doesn’t seem to apply here, but we’ll see. Thanks again.

Web Designer