Replacing entire web content

I have just built new webpages and want to replace everthing on the current site with this new format. How do I make this transition with Fetch?

I don’t use Fetch, so I can’t help you with that, but the answer to your question is:

1. Log on to your server
  2. erase all the “old web files”
  3. upload all the “new” webfiles.

or did I miss some other part of the question? :wink: .

Any ftp client, and/or commands in the shell, will work - you should use whatever you are most comfortable with.

–rlparker

You forgot steps 1.5 and 1.6

1.5 Make a backup
1.6 Make a backup of your backup on a machine other than your DH server (preferrably copied to your local machine)

Wholly

If you really want to be thorough, you can also create a subdomain (such as test.example.com) for your new site so that you can test it properly before the final deployment.

Simon’s website
Save $100 on 1-year plans with promo code [color=#CC0000]SCJESSEY100[/color] (details)

And if you’re lucky, you can just re-point the entry point of the domain to the new one for deployment and keep the old one available just in case something goes wrong.

This would give you lots of safety and nearly Zero downtime.

Wholly

Good Points! I always forget to add those steps, probably because doing them is such an “automatic” thing for me. :wink:
–rlparker