Remove dreamhosters from domain name

I’m kinda lost on this. I own www.texasdragracing.com but the hosting is on www.texasdragracing.dreamhosters.com. Problem is, everytime I upload a picture, banner, anything via FTP, the file is www.texasdragragracing.dreamhosters.com/video/...etc..etc
That as you can see is very annoying. How do I go about fixing this? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

If it’s static content, then you need to create a Fully Hosted Domain called texasdragracing.com. Then you’ll have a texasdragracing.com folder in your home directory.

After that, then you can rename the texasdragracing.com folder as texasdragracing.old (or just delete it since it’s empty), and rename the dreamhosters one to texasdragracing.com

-Scott

blah! I am totally lost Scott. This is what happened, I took over the domain www.texasdragracing.com from a friend. He had it registered elsewhere. However, he had no hosting space at all.

So I bought hosting on Dreamhosters. I got my FTP and I started loading filed like pictures and video’s. My web directory is www.texasdragracing.dreamhosters.com . I didn’t want it that way, but that’s what I got.

Fast forward, I went ahead and moved www.texasdragracing.com from my friends place over here, to Dreamhosters. So now I have the site and the hosting, both on Dreamhosters.

But they are not together. At the moment, I have the domain, www.texasdragracing.com redirected to www.texasdragracing.dreamhosters.com/index/ …sorry, I am totally lost and new to this. I just want to be able to load to texasdragracing.com, without “dreamhosters” showing up in the file name.

Help!

Delete that forwarder of texasdragracing.com and wait for it to clear the system.

Then Add A New Domain that’s Fully Hosted. Call it texasdragracing.com

It’ll create a texasdragracing.com folder in your home directory. The same place as the texasdragracing.dreamhosters.com folder. This new folder will be empty.

Then rename the new folder as tdr.com (or something else) just to get it out of the way. Rename that dreamhosters.com folder as texasdragracing.com so it’ll now be the real site with real content.

Once your real site is up and running as texasdragracing.com, you can delete that Fully Hosted dreamhosters domain. To catch the people still using the dreamhosters domain, create a Forwarding/Redirect dreamhosters domain that sends people to your real texasdragracing.com domain.

-Scott

Or you can set up one or the other of the domains (the regular domain and the dreamhosters subdomain) as a “mirror” domain of the other one, so that they both work as addresses of the site.

– Dan