Remote mail to local mail

My user account receives mail when logged into the DH server via ssh/mutt. Can anyone point me to some instructions to configure a local mail client to collect the mail? I’m not sure whether to use POP,IMAP, MBOX or Maildir. This is really for me to be able to view my bounced emails and Cron jobs etc…

cheers

I’m not sure whether this is what you are looking for.

You can simply use outlook express to receive emails. You can refer to this article on how to set up outlook express.
http://wiki.dreamhost.com/Outlook_Express

$50 off and 3 free domains with code: [color=#CC0000]DH3[/color] Sign Up NOW or More Codes Here

Thanks for your response Patrick, but that is not quite what I mean.
My shell user account receives notifications on the server, which I view, whilst logged in, using Mutt . I’m just looking for a simple way to get those notifications automatically forwarded to my address at home or to access them directly using an email client.

I know I can login to Mutt and bounce all the messages to me but I’m not sure how to script that, or if that is even the best way to go about it. I don’t want to have to constantly login to monitor this stuff.

I’m sure it is quite simple… when I know how :wink:

Perhaps you are confusing us. By notifications do you mean e-mail messages? Your shell user should have a mailbox, and a primary address associated with that mailbox. Just configure a POP3 or IMAP client to log in to your mail server. You can use the DreamHost Web Panel to configure the mail server to forward messages to different e-mail addresses.

I think you are not telling us something.

:cool: openvein.org -//- One-time [color=#6600CC]$50.00 discount[/color] on [color=#0000CC]DreamHost[/color] plans: Use ATROPOS7

When I open mutt I find a variety of messages from root@myserver.dreamhost.com addressed to myusername@myserver.dreamhost.com - this is not an email box I have set up, it is my shell user account. All I am trying to figure out is if I can read my shell account messages, emails, notifications, memo’s, missives, tidings, communiques, tidings or notes without logging into the server each time.

and that is all.

You can create a .forward file that has your proper email address. It’s just a single line file containing:
YOU@YOURDOMAIN.COM

The .forward file belongs in your home directory along with the “logs,” “Maildir,” and other stuff.

-Scott