Reinstall without deleting content?!?

wordpress

Hi!
I have the following error message on my site:
Warning: preg_match() [function.preg-match]: Compilation failed: nothing to repeat at offset 1 in /home/bunnellarts/bunnellarts.com/wp-includes/class-wp.php on line 204

I was told that I needed to reinstall Word Press or the class-wp.php file to reset it and hopefully make the error message go away.

But how do I reinstall Word Press when I did the one-click install? I don’t have access to the files the website is using do I? If I delete the application I’m afraid I will lose all my content.

Anyone had similar problem? What do I do?

First, try checking your Permalink settings (flip them on and off).

You can download WP from their site and overwrite any of those core files via SFTP.

Just ensure you’ve downloaded the same version :wink:

To save your content go to Dashboard/tools/export and on the “Choose what to export” options, choose “ALL content” and “Download export file”. Save the XML file to your pc.

Relatively you can “import” (instead of “export”) your content again on another wp blog.

Also a “delete site” link also exists under “tools” but I never tried to do it, so I don’t know if this is gonna delete the installation or something… You can ask or try… if you try please tell us what happened for us to know for future reference. Thank you :slight_smile: