Registration transfer

I consider myself fairly intelligent and patient, but I can’t help but feel that I’m missing something. I paid and was accepted. I’ve been able to FTP upload some files. June 3rd I got an email, "Notification of transfer registrar(mittineague.com) " stating that unless I cancelled by the 5th it would go through. Yet whois still shows my site as registered and hosted with my old host. The panel “account summary” shows my site fully hosted, but not registered. Should I wait longer, or is there something else I should do?

I would have thought that the transfer would have gone through by now, but WHOIS is still showing your old host for me too (iPowerWeb?).

It is possible that your old registrar is dragging their feet and holding up the procedure, unfortunately this is not uncommon.

I would advise sending a request to DreamHost support (via the panel) and asking about the delay, they might be able to shed some light on what is happening.

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost hosting using promo code [color=#CC0000]SAVEMONEY[/color] ( Click for promo code details )

Thanks, I will do that now. Ever since they moved from California to Arizona I’ve had trouble with them. It seemed as though their email support was being handled by “AI” that wasn’t too “I”.

Your mittineague domain shows as being registered at DreamHost complete with proxy address and nameservers. Is that where it should be?

Norm

Opinions are my own views and are not the views of DreamHost.
Any advice offered by me should be acted upon only at your own risk.

It is showing the same for me now. It would appear that the transfer has now gone through.

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost hosting using promo code [color=#CC0000]SAVEMONEY[/color] ( Click for promo code details )

Yes, I got a “congrats” email from DH today and have been busy with the site. I don’t know if it was the email I sent to support, or just a coincidence. I have been busy all day trying to get things back up to speed, but now that I have finally caught my breath long enough to remember this thread, I wanted to post that the problem was resolved. Thanks for your interest and help.